Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ChChChChia

The good news is my hair has started to grow back. Of course it is not growing back exactly as I had hoped. It appears to be growing on my face-yuck and like a gray Chia pet on my head. The upside is it is soft and downy, but the downside side is it is the color of steel wool. My lovely husband referred to me as Gandalf the Grey. My mother-in-law was much more kind. She said that my hair was platinum like Marilyn Monroe. I would be happy anywhere in the middle of those two analogies. As soon as possible I am going to have Darryl color these little hairs into submission. The hair on my face just needs to go away.
A week and a half ago we did the Race for the Cure. Thank you again to all those who participated. It was amazing. I felt so blessed and I know my family did too. Next year I hope to be running it with many of you-and by then I should feel the breeze through my hair, not skimming off of my scalp.
I finished my sixth round of chemo on September 27th and I am happy to report that there are only two more sessions to go. Things are starting to move quickly again-time to ask questions and make some choices. I go see the surgeon on October 11th, the oncologist on October 14th, and then back to chemo on October 18th. It will be time to discuss surgery, reconstruction, follow-up treatment, and everything in between.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! only two more to go... you can do it!!
    The race was amazing!!!

    Tell Darrly not to get too crazy with your hair color. lol!
    Those golden curls will be back soon.

    Praying for all those upcoming decisions to be made. Love ya Joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great update!!!!I am so glad you are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Love you Alyx

    ReplyDelete