Wednesday, September 21, 2011

People Are So Kind

Last night my brother and sister-in-law, Darryl & Beth, went down to the Komen suite to pick up the some of our team packets. That was really nice. It was extra nice because they have 4 kids, homework, dance practice, and dinner-plus they both work full time. The Komen people helped them research last minute additions to the team and put together more bags for our team. That was nice too. Today I stopped by the school to drop off the race bags and it was picture day. They put me in the class picture-jeans, scarf, sunglasses and all. Nice right? Well after school I went to the car wash. Yes I am still supposed to stay away from people, and I was really tired later so I paid for my activities, but...Francisco at the car wash asked how my treatment was going. I have never talked to him before today. I get my car washed maybe 3 times a year. He said to me that I am always smiling and he wanted to know if I felt ok and how my chemotherapy had been going. So nice. Then...a dear family friend, Joann, flew in today from back East just to join our race team. My other two sister-in-laws, Sally Kim and Christiev, are flying in for the race this weekend too.
Just remember when you go about your day that people are truly kind and to count your blessings. They are everywhere-if you just look.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! two more to go, you can do it!!
    The race was amazing....

    Tell Darrly not to get too crazy with the hair color lol!
    Those golden curls will be back soon.

    Praying for all those decisions to be made...
    Love ya, Joann

    ReplyDelete