Tuesday, September 13, 2011

House Arrest

I guess you can lump me in with Charlie Sheen, Lyndsey Lohan, and Paris Hilton, well not really. The doctor put me on house arrest for at least 5 days because my CBC's went down to a whopping 0.0. Congratulations you do not have any immune system left. I had my fifth round of chemo last week and it is my new drug Taxotere. Luckily I have not had any nausea and vomiting, but the body aches and tingly fingers are pretty funky.
I would have blogged sooner, but I was a little disoriented and my brother-in-law Josh said I was talking like Dr. Seuss. Just thinking about it makes my head go Would you, could you, in a box? Would you, could you with a fox?
So I cannot leave my house and if I do I am supposed to wear a mask. Beth said we could bedazzle one, which could really be a new trend during flu season this year. Darryl always has some pretty good ideas, but Beth is knocking them out of the park with this cancer stuff. She also thinks I could wear those false eyelashes that have bling at the tips. We could start a whole new business-Couture Cancer Wear. Speaking of accessories, Christiev bought me some new head scarves, a swim cap, and eyebrows. Yep, she bought me some beautifully shaped, perfect color, human hair eyebrows. Remember when I thought I would look like Andy Rooney? It's true. They are really funky and I cannot help but wonder who they belonged to.
Only three more treatments to go and then I will be done with this chemo stuff.
Now that I am stuck at home you might hear from me more.
Did I mention that they gave me an antibiotic which has a warning about ankle pain? I cannot eat any minerals two hours before or after taking the antibiotic and if I have ankle pain I am supposed to go to the hospital. What is a mineral? They told my husband it meant milk, yogurt, cheese. I thought that was dairy.
Until next time.

4 comments:

  1. cant' wait to see the eyebrows.. :)
    just 3 treatments to go... woot woot.
    you continue to inspire... <3 and hugs... Joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry that you are confined to your house. i was sick for a couple days last week and was saved by netflix. i went on a steve martin kick...
    father of the bride (1 and 2),
    3 amigos,
    planes, trains & automobiles
    i also was getting pretty good at angry birds (giving the kids a run for their money).
    hope these next few months go fast. we continue to pray for you every night.
    love all the new cancer-fashions. you are very inspiring with your positive outlook. God bless you.
    -stacie flores

    September 14, 2011 11:06 AM

    sorry that you are confined to your house. i was sick for a couple days last week and was saved by netflix. i went on a steve martin kick...
    father of the bride (1 and 2),
    3 amigos,
    planes, trains & automobiles
    i also was getting pretty good at angry birds (giving the kids a run for their money).
    hope these next few months go fast. we continue to pray for you every night.
    love all the new cancer-fashions. you are very inspiring with your positive outlook. God bless you.
    -stacie flores

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of Charlie Sheen, have you tried Tigers Blood? Seems to have done WONDERS for him!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete