Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Muppets & Puppets

As I stated in the last blog surgery was a success. Sally Kim nursed me back to health with fabulous food and care. There are no secrets between us now, she has been a trooper through every visit, asking all the difficult questions, and even playing nurse Nightingale. Yes, she bandaged me and even helped put this Humpty Dumpty body back together.
When I had been out of surgery for a few days she went to the Breast Cancer store to buy me a camisole. The camisole had special pouches for my drains and came with prosthesis to replace what had been removed.
Well, it was a shock, let me tell you. You have to pull this flesh colored contraption up over your feet, your knees, hips, and then put your drains in the pouches that velcro on. Since the garmet has to go over your lower half they suggest you go a size up from your normal size. My regular size is a medum-so I got a large. Sally Kim helped me slip into it(we never really thought we would be This Close). Drains in the pouches, slide the straps over the shoulders, and the pièce de résistance(the prosthesis).
Since my garment was a large they gave me large prosthesis to go in the camisole. Holy cow! They were huge! I mean huge! When I was a little girl my grandma gave me a Miss Piggy puppet-I felt like Miss Piggy and Dolly Parton combined. My chest led the way everywhere I went. They were just out there...way out there. I have already retired them, but I feel like they should be on display at a museum. Look ladies, for the low price of $40.00 you too can be any size you desire. Add to that my Muppet sleeves I wear for lymphadema I am looking fantastic.
Next thing you know I'll be singing Justin Timberlake(Not "Cry Me a River") as my hair is starting to curl like his in his early career(before he was stylish).
Thank goodness surgery is done and the next chapter-radiation-is waiting for me. Now I might look like a sunburned Miss Piggy/Justin Timberlake.

No comments:

Post a Comment