Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Chemo Round 2

I survived another round of chemotherapy yesterday. I went in at 9:00am and left at 12:45pm. It was actually quite relaxing and my nurse Betina had a great sense of humor. The girl next to me had a bad reaction to her chemo and it was quite scary. She turned red, she couldn't breathe, and she felt just horrible, but that was her 6th treatment. I couldn't help but wonder if that is what I will feel like in the next 4 treatments.
I am officially a Twofer. I found out from Dr. Vemuri and Dr.Suh today that I also have cancer on the right side. It is smaller, only about 2cm, but I definitely have bilateral breast cancer. The good news is my course of treatment will not change, I will continue to have chemo until just after Thanksgiving followed by surgery. I got more good news today that the chemo is already working its magic on the left side. Dr. Vemuri could feel less of the margins. Woohoo!
Today with my beautiful beaubeau and my lovely tan the girl at the check in asked where I was from. She said it sounded like I was Posh Spice from England. Too funny, maybe my beaubeau brings out the snobby Englishwoman hiding inside this California girl.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear chemotherapy is already working. Don't worry, be happy! You are going to be cured. And remember that the hair thing is only temporary. Love ya;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nurses who have a good sense of humor are priceless!

    I'm sorry about the bilateral breast cancer...what a positive outlook you have. So glad to hear the chemo is already working...I'm praying that it continues to work and do everything it's supposed to do!

    ReplyDelete