Monday, May 30, 2011

Hot Yoga, Anyone?

Yesterday my mom and I went to a hot yoga class in Fullerton at Purple Dog yoga. I have wanted to do this for at least two years and I finally took the time to go. I keep thinking that I need to do as much physically as possible before I have surgery and chemo.
My mom picked me up and we headed to downtown Fullerton. We checked in at the desk with a very kind girl who let us know that we should set up our mats in the back away from the mirror. Well, of course I don't want to be in front of the mirror-who wants to sweat and hang upside down in more than one view in a room full of strangers.
The instructor was very kind, she welcomed us to class and let us know that she would help us throughout class.
The room was comfortably warm and immediately I began to relax and let the anxieties of the day melt away. We began with some basic poses that warmed up the body and made you feel like rubber. Slowly the intensity went up with push-ups, down dog, up dog, forward bend(i do not know the yoga terminology) and all the other fluid poses. Before I knew it sweat was pouring off of me and stinging my eyes. Mom was having a little trouble, but she was a trooper. There were all different fitness levels in the room which made me feel better. There wasn't any pressure, just a feeling of peace and hard work combined. We left the class feeling exhilarated and spent. We must have drank a gallon of water after and I woke up today pleasantly sore and ready to go again.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love hot yoga! Let me know if you ever want a hot yoga buddy to go with!
    -Emily Finch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wanted to try that. It's big in CT you inspire me to try it . Xo see you soon...

    ReplyDelete