Saturday, June 18, 2011

Great News..and Even Better News

On Thursday I went back for the results of my genetic screening to see if I carry the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene-most commonly known as the breast cancer gene. I was very nervous about the results because that meant it would impact my children greatly. They would have a higher probability of breast, ovarian, and prostate cancer. The results are in and I am not an X-Men. I do not carry the genetic mutation! I was so happy, really great news.
As the title suggests that was the great news, but there is even better news on the horizon. Chase had finals all week at school and he worked very hard all year(with slight encouragement from mom). He struggled with geometry but did very well in all his classes. All semester geometry was a thorn in his side that went from an F, to a D, to a D-, and back to a D. Going into the final he went ahead and registered for summer school since there wasn't a high probability of passing with his current 68.75. Alas, a miracle and hard work with dad until midnight every night during finals week-the boy earned himself a 70.70! No summer school for the Holiday family.
I can handle chemo and hair loss, but geometry? The line has to be drawn somewhere. Way to go Chase!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Chase! What a relief...no summer school...no homework....no late night tutoring sessions! You and Chase both passed you tests!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news about you and Chase!

    ReplyDelete